Finding great rental cars in Philadelphia is simple!
This historic and famous American city is as fun as it is intellectual. Home to some of the country’s Revolutionary War-era attractions, Philadelphia has long been known as one of the most quintessential American cities on the East Coast. This bustling metropolis is home to more than 1.5 million people, making it the fifth-most populated city in the United States – so you’ll definitely want a Philadelphia car rental to get you from place to place. Whether you’re looking to brush up on your U.S. history, walk through quaint historic streets, enjoy the hustle and bustle of a modern metropolis or admire the city’s thriving arts scene, your Philadelphia rental car will have you covered.
Art museums galore
Art lovers will definitely want to drive a Philadelphia rental car over to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. One of the largest museums in the U.S., this renowned art museum features works from notable artists from across the globe. From special exhibits to fascinating art discussions and programs, you’ll be so entranced by this museum’s many works of art, you won’t want to leave. Lovers of romantic French art and sculpture will definitely want to stop at the Rodin Museum, a beautifully designed attraction that showcases the works of Auguste Rodin. Open since 1929, this breathtaking museum will give visitors a newfound respect for sculpted art.
A monument to an innovator
While you’re in Philadelphia, you’ll want to drive your Philadelphia car rental to the Franklin Institute. This incredible museum is home to the Franklin National Memorial, which commemorates the life and times of Benjamin Franklin. Exhibits like The Giant Heart, Joel N. Bloom Observatory, The Train Factory, The Franklin Airshow, Electricity and Changing Earth will entertain and amaze both scientists and laymen.
Nostalgic revolutionary artifacts
While you’re visiting Philadelphia, you will undoubtedly want to visit the city’s two most famous attractions: The Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. The Liberty Bell’s famous crack is a sight to behold, and informational podcasts will help teach visitors about the history associated with the famous bell. Make sure to visit Independence Hall, where visitors can learn about the history of America’s Declaration of Independence from England. After all these historic monuments put life into perspective, you’ll discover that you never want to leave this exciting and meaningful city.
Home to numerous historic structures and attractions, Philadelphia is an ideal city for exposing kids to world-famous American artifacts. From its beginnings in 1682 when the first brick house was built, Philadelphia has functioned as a center of American politics and affairs. Home to more than 1,500,000 people, this city is also one of the largest in the United States. Altogether, Philadelphia offers a variety of historic attractions as well numerous modern amenities. Your Philadelphia rental car will help your family move from place to place with ease as you explore this relevant and influential American city.
Philly’s most famous attraction
When traveling to Philadelphia with kids, you must take your Philadelphia car rental to visit the Liberty Bell. Although the bell is visible from outside the building, you’ll want to check out the exhibits inside. Make sure to tell your kids not to touch the bell: The bell is a no-no for little fingers. However, a metal cast is available for those who really want to get their hands on something special. This international symbol of freedom can be a great jumping off point for a discussion about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Crazy for creatures
Take your Philadelphia car rental to the Adventure Aquarium. Located in neighboring Camden, New Jersey, this aquarium is surely worth the ride. From crocodiles and sea turtles to stunning modern technologies like a 4-D theater, this aquarium offers something for everyone. Animal lovers might exercise the option to touch a shark, while those who are a bit scared of large marine animals will likely prefer to watch stunning videos of water ecosystems and underwater wonderworlds. If really small creatures are more your kids’ speed, visit the Philadelphia Insectarium, where kids can climb on a man-made spider web, play games, enjoy fun exhibits and even inspect a working beehive.
Learn and grow
Kids will also love the Franklin Institute Science Museum. This hands-on, interactive museum boasts three floors of kid-friendly exhibits, including Space Command, Fels Planetarium, a Train Factory, an IMAX theater and a Giant Heart. KidScience is also a great option for little ones between the ages of 5 and 8. Take your Philadelphia rental car to this brain haven, but be warned: Your kids might not want to leave!
Philadelphia, “The City of Brotherly Love,” is the cultural hub of the Delaware Valley, a major industrial center, the “Cradle of Liberty” and home to more than 1.5 million people. It also boasts incredible museums, iconic public art, world-class shopping and dining, breathtaking parks, the Philadelphia Stock Exchange and several Fortune 500 companies, including Pep Boys, GlaxoSmithKline, and Aramark.
To help you explore the city in style, City Renta-A-Car offers great rates on Philadelphia car rentals – and even exciting options for sightseeing. Just a few of the many places our customers have raved about include:
Avenue of the Arts
The Franklin Institute
The Latest Deals
Featuring the latest makes and models, including sought-after SUVs, sedans, convertibles, compact cars, minivans and luxury vehicles, City Renta-A-Car makes it more affordable than ever to hit the road in style. Explore our collection, rates and special promotions and choose the Philadelphia car rental you want most.
Find Your Nearest Philadelphia Rental Car Location
To reserve your Philadelphia car rental, just choose the City Rent-A-Car location nearest to your destination and fill out our simple online form. The whole process takes just minutes – and when you arrive, your car will be waiting!
Taking a road trip this summer? Now is the time to save money.
As the peak season of car rentals approaches, rates for rental cars are expected to go up. Neil Abrams, president of Abrams Consulting Group which tracks trends in the car rental industry, says “In early June through the end of August, these rates will spike.” For example in July of last year, the average cost of a rental compact car for a week from an airport rental agency was about $370, or a 56 percent increase on the $240 rate charged in March, according to the Abrams Travel Data Index. Here are some useful tricks to help keep those rates down this year.
1. Do not stick to name brands. Companies like Hertz, Avis, and other conglomerates tend to charge more for their services. Instead look to independent companies such as Payless, and Fox Rent a Car. Since their operating overhead is lower, their cars usually cost 20 to 30 percent less than the same car from nationwide retailers. For example, a the German agency called SIXT, which started operating in Southeastern USA in states such as Florida and Georgia, offers brand name vehicles such as BMW’s, Mercedes, and Volkswagens. They offer a Mercedes C-class for about $40 a day when the lowest rate Hertz offers is about $50 for a Kia Rio or comparable economy car.
2. Look for virtual coupons. Use search engines to look for discounts and coupons that are available online. Sites such as Promotionalcodes.com and CouponWinner.com also post discounts for many companies. Rental car agencies also offer incentives and discounts to those who are a part of their frequent customer programs, as well as members of other organizations such as AAA, BJ’s, Sam’s Club, and Costco. However, don’t just look there, as most major rental car agencies will allow you to combine coupons and discounts. When checked, Hertz quoted us about $260 for a full-size car from the Dulles Airport in Washington D.C. for three days over Memorial Day weekend. Putting in a couple discount codes, we were able to bring down the price to about $160.
3. Check up on rates from sites such as CityRAC.com. Sites like CityRAC continually check for reasonable rates and better coupons up until your trip date. It can be used in a couple of ways; it can be used just to check rates for other retailers, or you could complete your booking directly through CityRAC. CityRAC currently works with car rental agencies such as Payless, SIXT, Fox, and E-Z Rent a Car. As an added bonus, the site will also apply any discounts our coupons it finds that apply to your rental car.
The only setback with sites such as CityRAC is that there are limited inventories. Nationwide retailers do not like the fact that CityRAC takes advantage of the fact that customers are able to modify or cancel their rental car reservations at any time without any extra fees or penalty. Big rental car agencies such as Hertz, Advantage, and Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group do not allow CityRAC to list their inventories on its site.
4. Try to rent from outside the Airport. Rental Car Agencies that are located on Airport premises are typically more expensive than rental car agencies that are not on airport property. Agencies that are in airports tend to add on fees and expenses that can sometimes add more than 30% to the cost of the rental car. When we checked, a car that was reserved using a website, from Boston’s Logan International Airport using Hertz over the Fourth of July weekend, cost about $50 a day, or about $220 for a week. If a customer was to take the subway from the airport to the Arlington stop, and walk a couple of blocks to a local Hertz location, that same car was about $40 a day, or about $150 for the week.
5. Book the Rental car for longer than you need. This may not sound like you will be saving money, but by booking the rental car for an extra day on your weekly reservation could actually lower your rate. You don’t have to actually return it at the later time, you can still return it at your original date. This takes advantage of the reduced rates that are targeted at travelers who are likely to travel more on the weekends. Essentially, the system is being tricked into thinking that the rental car is being booked for a two-day weekend rate, which is lower than the normal rate. If you were to rent a midsize sedan from the Alamo at the Las Vegas International Airport overnight, Alamo’s rate for the rental car would be about $36. If you were to add an extra day to the reservation, the base rate would drop to about $15 a day. You can still return the car early, and get the lower rate.
6. Try to negotiate for a better rate. Even if you have done your due diligence and applied all the discounts and promotions that you have found, you can still get a lower rate or a better car at the counter. Depending on a variety of factors, such as the type of day the clerk is having, the types and amount of cars the agency has, or even the time of day it is, you could ask for a lower rate, or for a better vehicle for the same rate. Some companies would be happy to give you a bigger or a vehicle that is in less demand, for the cost of a compact rental car, if it is in their interest.
7. Pay in advance. Using a tactic that hotels use, most rental car agencies are allowing customers to prepay for their rental car reservation in exchange for up to a 20% discount. For example, a search for a weekly rental from Philadelphia International Airport, Hertz was advertising a $173 “pay now” rate for a compact car. If you were to get that same car from Hertz with a conventional method, the rate was about $30 more. The only downside to getting a car for the pre-pay rate is that if you were to cancel or change your reservation, there will be fees and penalties associated with it. Travel sites such as Priceline.com and Hotwire.com also offer great discounted rates to customers who book their rental car before finding out which car rental agency they booked from.
Planning a business, pleasure or family visit to Philadelphia? Below are some tips City Rent-A-Car suggests in order to make your trip easier, safer and more enjoyable.
We all know that any traveling, business or leisure can be stressful. In fact, a recent study from Travel Leaders Group stated that more than half of the travelers surveyed requested a rental car while on a business and pleasure trip. But, with all of the car rental options available, how do you know if you’re getting the best rates and service? Although traveling can be hectic, renting a car doesn’t have to be.
Recently conducted surveys determined that 80-90% of travelers prefer local, small Rent-A-Car companies in contrast to Big Corporate “sharks”.
Large Rent-A-Car companies usually focus on corporate customers and bigger profits. Smaller, local car rental businesses mostly focus on customer satisfaction and service. Moreover, smaller and local car rental businesses offer better insurance coverage, provide individual approach to a customer’s specific needs and of course, have less or none of additional hidden fees.
City Rent-A-Car is one of those local, customer satisfaction-oriented car rental businesses. Here at City Rent-A-Car we offer the best service in Car Rental Industry with 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our well-trained staff will take care of all your car rental needs and do their best to make your trip enjoyable; regardless it is business, pleasure or family visit.
All City Rental is now open for business in South Philadelphia! Call us to get the best pricing 215-8044CAR
Welcome to All City Rental. We will get you the best July pricing, call us 215-8044CAR